How to Fix ‘Cannot Estimate Gas’ Error on PancakeSwap – PancakeSwap is a well-known distributed marketplace. Its main selling point is that it can be used as a low-cost substitute for Ethereum-based systems. It’s to be expected that the exchange would experience occasional hiccups, given the daily transactions it processes.
One of the most prevalent problems with PancakeSwap is an error message reading “cannot estimate gas fees.” As a result of a number of potential causes, your transaction may fail to go through.
This article will discuss the root reasons for this problem and offer solutions for fixing it.
What is the ‘Cannot Estimate Gas’ Error?
Simply put, the swap platform cannot calculate the gas costs associated with the specified transaction.
This error occurs when the tokens you are trying to trade have too many decimal places. For instance, if you tried to make a trade wherein you exchanged Ethereum (ETH) for 465.3564872 Unibright (UBT), you would most likely encounter this problem.
This error may also occur if the token you are attempting to trade is fraudulent. But it does happen rather frequently on occasion. Looking at the token’s previous purchases, you can quickly determine if it’s legit. Blockchain’s real strength lies in this openness.
How to Fix ‘Cannot Estimate Gas’ Error on PancakeSwap (CAKE)
This issue can be fixed by adjusting the swap page settings. The slippage tolerance can be adjusted upwards to a maximum of 12%. Next, modify the quantity of tokens you wish to exchange. Once you adjust the number of tokens, the warning will go away.
There could be multiple digits after the decimal point in the quantity of Galaxy Heroes Coin (GHC) you receive in exchange for one Binance Coin (BNB). You will get a “Cannot Estimate Gas” message if you try to do so.
Here’s what you need to do to remedy the issue:
Change your slippage tolerance to 12%
There is a settings tab on PancakeSwap. If you enter the settings menu by tapping the gear icon, you’ll see a section under “slippage tolerance.”
- Put the number “12” into the input field and dismiss the window. Significant decimal paces are common for tokens with large circulating supply, such as Safemoon.
- Error-free operation is thus achieved at a slippage of 12% or greater. Setting the slippage tolerance effectively means you’ll pay more for your go-through.
Round up the number of tokens to the nearest zero (0)
- The ‘From’ and ‘To’ fields in the swap window specify the transaction’s starting and ending points. Make sure your ‘From’ is anticipated to stay away from the error. In the ‘To’ field, you should enter the desired number of tokens to sell. Doing so will insert an approximate value into the ‘From’ field.
- Please enter a whole number for the amount. (replace any digits after the decimal point with zeros).
- By doing so, the error will be corrected.
Mankind’s best efforts never quite measure up. This is why it is essential that research and development never cease and that existing products are constantly improved. When making a purchase, it is best practice to use an estimated value in the “From” section. Make sure you put a ballpark figure in the “To” field if you’re making a sale.